home | about me | website | la coumeille                                                               

7.5.12

reality check

I tend not to talk about my family much on here… I like to think of my blog as a place to share with you my inspiration, my work and sometimes a little glimpse on how life is.
I mention my 3 children every now and then, but many of you perhaps don't even know that I am married.

3 days ago I watched in helpless, complete horror as my husband Harry fell through a rotten wooden floor and crashed down onto the solid ground 3 meters below.
He is now in hospital with 4 broken ribs and air bubbles in his lungs caused by a puncture.
The last few days we've been in shock and I keep re-living that moment over and over in my head, but above all I am so very deeply relieved that he even survived the fall, that in a slow-motion moment I thought had killed him.
I'm not really sure what to expect or how life will be when Harry comes home.

I may not be around here very much for a while,  I still have to somehow get my exhibition ready which starts in 10 days and take care of my family, not to mention the financial implications need sorting.  It's horrible at times like these to not have your own, extended family around, but we do have some truly wonderful, caring friends who will help us get through this and Team Chaney is tough as old boots.


13 comments:

  1. Suzie! I really pray for your Harry to get better and back up on his feet, and that you will get all the needed help from people around you. I know it takes a lot of courage to share such personal things with people out there on the web, so I really appreciate that you have found the trust in us readers to do that. I'm sending you and your family my warmest thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh suzie! i'm thinking of you and your family, hoping that harry recovers quickly, and that you too feel much better soon. my family has been through a never-ending sequence of (in several cases) life-threatening illnesses over the past few years, a real rollercoaster, and i can so relate to that feeling of being in shock. take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... Dear Suzie... There is no word really. I hope Harry will recover soon and I am sending you and your family warm thoughts.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope he makes a speedy recovery xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs and more hugs to you both and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about Harry. Do take good care of each other, and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't imagine watching my husband fall like that. Your heart must have stopped for a few seconds. I'm glad to hear that Harry is recovering. Wishing a safe and speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzie, keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, Suzie thats awful, I'm so sorry and I can't imagine how you must have felt watching him fall :( I wish there was more I could do to help. You, Harry and your family will be in my thoughts x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh dear... thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thoughts... and sending you... good luck throught this...

    ReplyDelete
  12. We don't know one another, but I have had the experience of my husband's sudden heart attack here in France nearly 2 years ago. Not as difficult an experience as yours, but quite bad enough, thank you. I hope you too benefit from excellent health care, as my husband did, and lots of practical support from friends and neighbours. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh dear, i didn't know this! i'm so sorry to hear this and i hope your loving husband is feeling better now! i already read that he's not the best patient to have at home, but i hope everything is much better now! as you say, we should never take anyone for granted! sending my love!!!

    ReplyDelete