home | about me | website | la coumeille                                                               

12.5.12

a little notice


The phonecalls, visits, emails, texts and of course the kind comments on here that we have received over the past week have been amazing. Thank you all for taking the trouble to leave a message, I'm so grateful. We have also been incredibly touched and at times astonished by the generosity of thought and deed as we struggled. It's times like these that really test your mettle and we have been very fortunate to have so much help and support.  
Harry is recovering well and back home with us. The punctured lung was the most worrying and he has to sit tight for quite a while yet to give his ribs a chance to knit back together so he doesn't puncture it again. He's a truly terrible patient, refusing to be on the sofa too much and arguing when we shout at him to sit down. There are still more scans and tests to be done, but he is in no danger now. Well, apart from being arrested by the fashion police while he shuffles about in his holey joggers and Grandpa slippers.
I have much I want to share that I have been working on, and I wanted to show you Bliss, a great new magazine I have been part of, but all of that will just have to wait...
Please life, don't wee on me again for a while. Thank you in advance.

13 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the accident. (these old french houses....) but relieved to hear he's back home recovering allbeit reluctant to take it easy! Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! And how true about french houses……ours is particularly in a state of disrepair! :)

      Delete
  2. Suzie, not looked in here for a while and stunned to hear what's happened. Love to you all and hope Harry's fighting fit soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Graham, good to hear from you! Don't worry he'll soon be cranking it up to No 11 again. You out this summer?

      Delete
    2. Not sure. No plans yet, but my other half is having a couple of weeks with her folks later this month and into June, and her brother's now got a place in Villardonnel he's spending a lot of time in so I may get out at some point.

      Delete
  3. Chains work well for the stubborn hubby type! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, we have to keep the dogs guarding him!

      Delete
  4. this sounds much better! not easy to be a patient – nor a nurse. Bon courage – we're impatient to see your new work, as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that everything is alright. Thank you for leaving some caring thoughts over at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Suzie,
    This is excellent news! Life is so fragile. I am happy that your husband is back home.
    Congratulations on Bliss too!!! My friend Marion is featured also in this magazine.
    Wishing you a lovely long weekend,
    Isa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read what happened and I am very, very glad to read at the same time, that your Harry is getting better. I don't know, but I think, when he has got the strength back to be a difficult patient this is a good sign. I wish you both all the best and a good recovery from this terrible accident.

    And congratulation on Bliss!

    PS: Sorry, it is difficult to express such things in another language...

    ReplyDelete
  8. very happy to hear he's doing better!
    courage with the recovering and... congrats on bliss - cool!

    ReplyDelete