home | about me | website | la coumeille                                                               

17.5.12

artistes à suivre

Today it starts. Here in France we have a four day holiday and I will be spending it at my show….
In the end, fate stepped in and I had to revise all my plans. My 3 week to do list never even got a look in, I snatched opportunities to work whenever possible and then put it together instinctively, making decisions immediately and doing away with any excess nonsense. I think it's what they call triumphing over adversity. And do you know what? It looks great and I'm really pleased with it.
So if you happen to be in the area, I'd be delighted if you come to the town of Quillan and see me there. Bring cakes, please.

14 comments:

  1. as Victor Kiam said ~ procrastination is opportunity's natural assassin!
    wish I could come to see and bring cake to the village I adore:
    big love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What the 'I liked the razor so much I bought the company' man?
      I'll send Quillan your love x

      Delete
  2. I wish you a wonderful and successful show! Too bad I live so far away - I would come and bring a cake. :) Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if only i could drag our countries closer!
    good luck with the show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Susie, glad you got there in the end!! Here's to lots of sales!! :) xx (sorry I can't get there, but will eat cakes for you for four days!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your work...how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect! i love how you describe the process. a triumph. have the most amazing time at the show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think a lowering of expectations does wonders for the soul at times!

      Delete
  7. Oh how I wish! These are lovely, Suzie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many thanks to all of you, I really appreciate your comments and support! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really interesting. It looks like shells... Bravo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pascale…they are indeed molded on eggshells!

      Delete
  10. I love the subtle writing on the inside and the egg shell structure on the outside. I was wondering for a long time how these eggshells were going to be used in your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Anna…lately we've been scoffing our way through so much omelette...

    ReplyDelete