21.6.12

girl, interrupted


For a while now I've been tumbling over my own feet, my thoughts and my actions with no clear path. I'm feel like I'm in limbo and must recharge my batteries. I need to contemplate what my goals are. I need to get out of a rut and create new habits. Most of all I need to spend time with my family and my dear friends, to enjoy the summer and to live in the moment.
Tomorrow I'm taking a trip to Marseille for a few days and when I return I will go on an internet hiatus. For how long I've no idea, but I often struggle with writing, tweeting or updating my status. Does a swim in the lake become more enjoyable if I tell my keyboard? Most of all the good things in life happen because of the real, tangible, imperfect world and not the virtual one. How can the butterfly effect exist in a digital environment? It simply can't, and I need to allow for these possibilities, for good or bad. It's a scary thought that when I do decide to come back you will have vanished into thin air, but sometimes we have to take that leap off the diving board, eyes closed and anyway, I've always been nuts.


9 comments :

  1. I'll be there when you come back (and I often think like you… but please recharge your batteries as long as you need and then come back!) warm greetings from Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know how I love the Summer to 'step off the grid'!
    it's essential for me:
    living in the moment, savouring and enjoying it ~ preferable to capturing to share with those not present:
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go ahead an take a well deserved brake. I know how weird it feels to begin with, but how important it sometimes may be. I'll be right here waiting for your comeback :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. everything in the right time. savor every moment. and all shall be well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh recharging is so good for ones' soul my dear, and i know that you know that. though i'm one of those persons that do a lot of things at the same time, because i like it that way, i also feel the need to step away once in a while just because of that. though i have this inability of not writing, but that comes as i've always been a talker. i love to talk, to express my emotions and to share what i feel. go away my dear, think, live, enjoy, sleep, do your things, and be here if you'd like to be here. we'll be here anyway, or if we're not, it's just for a little while as well, not for good! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Does a swim in the lake become more enjoyable if I tell my keyboard?" I totally agree, we're not slaves to technology, it's here to serve us. And when we start to evaluate and judge our daily life according to how well it translates into blog posts and tweets, it's sad indeed. Life is so much fuller than that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonne chance with your break. Breaks from art/to art/around art are all good, and needed. Pursuing a totally different kind of art can be good, too, when you are ready. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take your time - I'll be happy when you come back! For now: have a great time and enjoy your break without thinking too much about the Internet! Summer is a great time for stepping back a little from the daily routines and the "big wheel" (if you know what I mean) in order to come back with more strength and fresh thoughts. Take care, a bientôt! Warm greetings from Berlin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate. sometimes a break is needed. I recently took a long hiatus too. After writing and blogging for a year about a topic not related to photography I stopped to reassess what I really wanted to write about and to spend more time with the family. And now I have two blogs and equally passionate about both topics. I just put into perspective how much writing is really needed and how often. It's ok to leave some breathing room.

    ReplyDelete