19.3.12

expired








For the last three months Baby, my little Yashica ME, has been stuffed with a loaded roll of extremely expired, extremely cheap and nasty film in the bottom of my bag. You know, just for those emergencies when you see something cool but you didn't bring a decent camera. So this is a real méli-mélo of things I saw while outing and abouting during the winter.
From top: ducks on the River Aude; the lake at Montbel with the snowy Pyrenees in the distance; circus tents/circus pony spotting in Carcassonne (not because I approve of such things, I can assure you); the wind creating art herself; the Occitan flag in Limoux.

11 comments :

  1. Your winter looks amazing. And I think your choice of camera to snap pictures here and there is just right, as Yashica cameras work extremely well with almost any kind of film (I'm currently in love with mine, even if I don't have time to use it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the grainy mad colours of these!
    wow the Pyrenees look divine with snow:
    Montbel dreams ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Especially the blueness of it all! Sometimes I get so bad quality results with cheap expired film that I've almost given it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I still have a problem with using expired film. But I found this roll (2006 expiry date) in a junk shop for 20 cents and thought I had nothing to lose!
      It's not something I'd seek out especially, the results are just too inconsistent and unreliable :(

      Delete
  4. I love the length on the third picture. Magnificent landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the first photo is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photo of the ducks!
    Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love when expired film goes right! The colour and depth of these photos are beautiful... like looking into a dream world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this expired film was dreamy! that first picture of the ducks is so dreamy!!! and it makes me sad to see that pony on a chain :( horses are meant to run free... and not like this. i'm not a big fan of the circus actually, never was and these things make me even more certain that i don't appreciate it! though i must confess i do love that picture of the top of the tent!!! ;);)

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are divine!! every last one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. God these are so beautiful! Pure magic.

    ReplyDelete